IMPORTANT: GEOCACHING CANCELLED THIS WEEK, MONDAY 15 NOV!!!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Why it takes me so long...

.... to announce the next geocache?

There are so many geocaches on the North Shore and I have a really difficult time choosing which one to do next. I'd love to do them all and all of them now!

Some of the ones on my list are for example the one underneath the Harbour Bridge. Or the one called Raining Cats and Dogs - wouldn't that one be so suitable for a rainy day? I'd love to do some more along the beach between Milford and Takapuna but it really needs to be sunny for the beach, don't you think? Then there are two buggy ones, which sound like they have bugs (plastic?) ones as clues. Little Shoal Bay has a hidden path. We could look for Gollum's Lair in Centennial Park. Or we could find out where it all goes (sewage ponds in Albany). Or... or.... or....

One of my favourite hiding places is the geocache in Tui Park, Beachhaven. So clever and so undiscoverable! Around the North Harbour stadium we're supposed be looking for fake ducks. Albany Scenic Surprise takes us through a stunning but wild reserve. Wild as in lots of rocks and ups and downs.

I'd love to take you all to Rangitoto for a day of geocaching. There are nearly 20 geocaches hidden there. I bet there's one in the tunnels too!

And if I click on the North Shore, I can see there are over 300 geocaches hidden. Plenty to keep us busy for a while!

So now you see why it always ends up being Friday or the weekend before I put up the details for our next Geocaching Day. There are just too many to choose from!

No comments:

Post a Comment